Correctly translated documents are the best way for a business to make a good first impression. In many cases impressive graphics or a wide range of products and services are just not enough. Accurate proofreading of the entire resulting text has a significant impact on the clarity of the message and above all on the prestige and image of a business in the target country.
- Grammar/Linguistic proofreading - correcting the spelling and grammatical errors
- Stylistic proofreading - stylistic adjustments and proper word choice
- Pre-press proofreading - elimination of typos prior to printing or directly on a website
- Checking for factual errors - making sure that correct factual/technical translation terms are used
Czech texts will be proofread by a professional Czech linguist. Foreign texts will be proofread by a native speaker of the given language.
Texts for proofreading:
- Promotional and marketing materials
- Websites, applications and software
- Manuals, user guides, product sheets
- Technical articles in impacted magazines
- Legal and medical texts
Our proofreaders have authored the largest published Czech orthography guide (see more about the title here) and they also participate in proofreading the entire series of titles published by the Lingea publishing house. Since 1995 Lingea has been the supplier of spellcheckers for the Microsoft Office products and the author of the first Czech grammar checker.
A lot of practical advice and information about the correct use of Czech can be found on the nechybujte.cz portal. A particularly popular feature is automatic text checking and the completion of missing diacritical marks. Besides the Czech orthography guide, the portal also features a Dictionary of Current Czech and a Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms.
Latest news in archive. ...